The Iconic has expanded its Yennora fulfilment centre in Sydney by 8000sqm, bringing the site’s total footprint to 28,000sqm and total fulfilment space across two storeys to 46,000sqm.
The expansion, dubbed Yennora 2, increases The Iconic’s inventory capacity by 1.55 million units to an overall capacity of more than 3.75 million units, making it the largest online fashion fulfilment centre in the country.
Together with the retailer’s 2018 investment in an integrated ASRS [automated storage and retrieval system] and tray sorter technology, which allows orders to be fulfilled in as little as 10 minutes, the fulfilment centre is now capable of serving more than 50,000 customers per day.
“I couldn’t think of a better way to welcome 2020 than by announcing the expansion of our Yennora fulfilment centre,” Erica Berchtold, The Iconic’s CEO, said in a statement about the launch.
“The Iconic is the future of retail and we can’t wait to start the New Year with a bang.”
The announcement follows the release of The Iconic’s inaugural Annual Progress Report, which detailed a number of sustainability targets, including steps to reduce the environmental impact of the company’s operations and delivery by 2022. They include:
- 100 per cent recyclable shipping packaging
- 70 per cent of private-label poly bags made from recycled plastic
- 80 per cent of energy from green sources
- Installation of warehouse solar in 2020, and fully operational by 2022
- 100 per cent carbon offset of operations and deliveries
- Complete installation of LED lighting in the FC
- Transition to green providers for all energy needs
- Zero or low-emission delivery options available at checkout
“This expansion has been an incredible two-year process and I’m so proud of our team and partners for building the best retail operations centre across Australia and New Zealand,” Berchtold said.