Qantas Frequent Flyer has launched an online mall as part of its new online hub qantaspoints.com.
The website allows members to earn points from a mix of both local and international retail partners including David Jones, Neiman Marcus, Apple, Net-A-Porter, Mr Porter, The Iconic, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma, eBay, Macy’s, Booktopia, Bobbi Brown, Selfridges, and Fortnum and Mason.
“What started as the Qantas Frequent Flyer program has grown significantly in the past few years to include a lot of new ways to earn points,” Qantas Loyalty CEO, Lesley Grant, said.
“We have a really straightforward goal of being the best loyalty program in the world and helping members better understand the program as it grows is key to that. That’s what qantaspoints.com is designed to do.
“Redeeming points for flights is by far the most popular choice for members, but we’re always looking at new ways to expand,” said Grant.
Neiman Marcus senior VP of e-commerce, Lindy Rawlinson, said with Qantas Frequent Flyer’s broad reach into Australian households, it expected the new online mall to be a valuable channel enabling members to earn points while purchasing from Neiman Marcus.
A promotion encouraging members to explore qantaspoints.com will be launched in a number of marketing channels next week.
The introduction of qantaspoints.com and the launch of online mall today are the latest in a number of innovations launched recently by Qantas Loyalty, including Qantas Cash the award winning prepaid travel card; Aquire the new loyalty program for small and medium enterprises; and last week’s announcement of the new Qantas Golf Club, the community for Qantas Frequent Flyers with a passion for golf, planned to launch this coming summer.
Members will still use qantas.com for booking flights, and to manage their Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
The Qantas Frequent Flyer program started in 1987 and recently celebrated its 10 millionth member.
Qantas Points Online Mall – list of retailers and earn proposition:
- David Jones: Earn 5 points per $1 spent
- Apple: Earn 2 points per $1 spent
- eBay: Earn 2 points per $1 spent
- Net-A-Porter: Earn 4 points per $1 spent
- Macy’s: Earn 4 points per $1 spent
- Selfridges: Earn 3 points per $1 spent
- Williams-Sonoma: Earn 4 points per $1 spent
- Booktopia: Earn 4 points per $1 spent
- West-Elm: Earn 4 points per $1 spent
- The Iconic: Earn 4 points per $1 spent
- Bobbi Brown: Earn 4 points per $1 spent
- Fortnum and Mason: Earn 3 points per $1 spent
- iTunes: Earn 3 points per $1 spent
- Mr Porter: Earn 4 points per $1 spent
- Neiman Marcus: Earn 5 points per $1 spent
- Pottery Barn: Earn 4 points per $1 spent
- Pottery Barn Kids: Earn 4 points per $1 spent