Record trading year for Fast Retailing
Consolidated revenue reached ¥1.8619 trillion (US$16.6 trillion), up 4.2 per cent year on year, the operating profit soared 38.6 per cent to ¥176.4 billion while profit attributable to the owners ballooned 148.2 per cent to ¥119.2 billion.
Net profit expanded by 2.5 times mainly because of profit gains by Uniqlo International.
Uniqlo Japan: Gross profit margin improves but operating profit down…
- Revenue up 1.4 per cent to ¥810.7 billion
- Operating profit down 6.4 per cent to ¥95.9 billion
- Full-year same-store sales expand by 1.1 per cent (second-half growth of 2.4 per cent, thanks to sales of newsworthy items such as wireless bras and Dry Stretch Kando Pants).
- Gross profit margin improves by 0.3 points.
Uniqlo International: Operating profit nearly doubles as Southeast Asia business enters growth stage…
- Revenue up 8.1 per cent to ¥708.1 billion
- Operating profit almost doubles (95.4 per cent) to ¥73.1 billion on improved gross profit margins and leaner cost structures regionally, as well as a halving of the operating loss at Uniqlo USA
- Performance especially strong in Southeast Asia and Oceania, where operating profit doubled year on year.
Uniqlo Greater China and Uniqlo South Korea also reported large year-on-year profit gains, says Fast Retailing.
This story first appeared on sister site Inside Retail Asia.
Access exclusive analysis, locked news and reports with Inside Retail Weekly. Subscribe today and get our premium print publication delivered to your door every week.
Inside Retail Polls
Ever wish you had a crystal ball to see what the future of retail looked like? Then check out our latest Australian… https://t.co/HfAcnI7j7x8 hours ago