10 most innovative e-commerce strategies
In addition to these examples there are specific technological advances – particularly in mobile and in the payments space which are not covered here. (The bold phrases highlight the underlying eCommerce trend as I see it.)
- C-Wonder is setting the benchmark in customer experience. (Read my write up here.)
- Barneys is doing things with shoppable video ( Read my write up and comparison with David Jones here.)
- Hointer is a start up that uses instore robots. (Watch YouTube Video here). Just to make the point that eCommerce is not just internet.
- Adidas shows off its virtual wall – a few steps up from the supermarket on the train station.
- You could integrate with OpenSky and use the power of social networks.
- In the case of Mulu, (watch video here) you can beat them or you can join them.
- Of course, there is the local Shoes of Prey, which has taken personalisation to a whole new level; but there are others too – like Juicy Canvas.
- Warby Parker tackles the difficult category of eyewear, and taps into our social zeitgeist by donating a pair to someone in need for every pair sold.
- Everlane take pricing transparency to a whole new level.
- Birchbox is a pioneer in the area of subscription commerce.
In addition of course there are the well known concepts around flash sales, group buying etc, and I haven’t mentioned the power of Pinterest or Facebook (and other networks) in leveraging online sales – presuming these are well known.If you are thinking about embarking on this journey – a few high fives for you:
- These are five keys to your e-commerce strategy.
- And these are the five critical decisions you musty make about e-commerce
- Mashable covers five hot e-commerce trends – including good news for the little guys.
And finally, here is Trendhunter’s 42 online shopping innovations.
That should keep you busy for the next week…
Ganador: Learning & Development for the 21st century retailer dealing with the 21st century consumer.
Kogan continues to see a significant increase in sales, thanks to a shift to online shopping during the pandemic. T… https://t.co/WtKGzm8YTI2 hours ago