Stul, whose company is the fourth largest toy brand in Australia, won the prestigious title ahead of 27 other national finalists.
Chair of the independent judging panel, Dr Glen Richards, founder and non-executive director, Greencross Limited, said the judges were impressed by Stul’s persistent determination to develop innovative, high quality toys in an extremely competitive global market.
“Moose Enterprise is an Australian company that is taking on the world by combining an incredibly innovative local design team with the cost advantages of low cost manufacturing,” Dr Richards said.
“Manny has demonstrated an ability to understand the demographic of his target market and deliver high quality, innovative toys that are now attracting extraordinary demand from retailers around the world.”
As part of the title, Stul will travel to Monte Carlo in June next year where he will compete against national winners from over 60 countries for the chance to be named the 2016 EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year.
Eight other Australian entrepreneurs also took home national trophies from the awards ceremony.
- Australian Entrepreneur Of The Year and Industry category – Manny Stul, Moose Enterprise Holdings & Controlled Entities
- Emerging category – Kayla Itsines and Tobias Pearce, The Bikini Body Training Company
- Listed category – James Spenceley, Vocus Communications Limited
- Services category – Cyan Ta’eed and Collis Ta’eed, Envato
- Social entrepreneur – Dr James Muecke AM, Sight for All
- Technology category – Timothy Power, 3P Learning Limited
- EY Family Business Award of Excellence – Brian White, Ray White Real Estate
Want more Inside Retail? Subscribe to Inside Retail Weekly now and get our premium print publication delivered to your door every week.