Premium tea retailer T2 Tea has teamed up with publishing house Penguin Books Australia to launch limited edition gift packs that combine T2’s blends with timeless classics.
Available in four genre-curated gift packs – General Fiction, Romance, Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller – each set features a literary work and three book-shaped teabag boxes inspired by authentic titles.
The teas are matched with Penguin’s classics with descriptions that illustrate the connection between each brew and the plot of its accompanying story.
Complementing the tea set is a genuine paperback book with a bespoke T2 cover, and a fine bone China mug designed to match the theme.
According to T2 senior buyer Sally Morris, the driving force behind the collaboration is combining her two loves: tea and books.
“Together with Penguin and our talented in-house designers, we meticulously matched each tale and its characters to iconic T2 teas, leaving no page unturned,” explained Morris.
“The creativity and care we put into this collection is evident in every detail, which we know will be appreciated by tea lovers and bookworms alike.”
Each gift pack is available for an RRP of $75 at T2 stores in Australia and New Zealand and online at T2Tea.com.
Details for each set are:
Book included: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
- New York Breakfast Teabags inspired by The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald.
- Green Rose Teabags inspired by Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
- French Earl Grey Teabags inspired by The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
Book: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.
- Jasmine Pear Teabags inspired by Persuasion by Jane Austen.
- Melbourne Breakfast Teabags inspired by Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh.
- New York Breakfast Teabags inspired by Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote.
Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Book: Dracula by Bram Stoker.
- English Breakfast Teabags inspired by 1984 by George Orwell.
- Sleep Tight Teabags inspired by War of the Worlds by HG Wells.
- Scots Breakfast Teabags inspired by Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
Mystery & Thriller
Book: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- French Earl Grey Teabags inspired by Lady Audley’s Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon.
- The Quiet Mind Teabags inspired by We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson.
- Green Rose Teabags inspired by The High Window by Raymond Chandler.