Adore Beauty CEO Tennealle O’Shannessy has been recognised as the most impressive and inspiring leader in Australia’s online retail industry, ranking number one in Inside Retail’s 2022 Top 50 People in E-Commerce.
You can download the report for free here.
Sponsored by CouriersPlease, the Top 50 highlights the talented people working behind the scenes in all areas of e-commerce.
It is based on a rigorous application process, with candidates asked to describe their achievements from the last 12 months in four areas (commercial success, knowledge sharing, innovation, and broader impact) and responses scored by a panel of expert judges. The final ranking is determined by each candidate’s average score.
This year’s list includes C-level executives with decades of leadership experience, alongside start-up founders and digital specialists with a wide range of skills, from marketing to logistics. Many of them have appeared in the Top 50 once or twice before, with a handful appearing in the Top 50 for the fifth time.
Having joined Adore Beauty from the tech industry almost two years ago, O’Shannessy is a newcomer to the Top 50, but she impressed the judges with her strategic roadmap for growth and commitment to values-based leadership.
“The financial results driven by Tennealle were as impressive as her efforts to highlight inequality across the beauty industry. Launching innovative podcasts, a loyalty program, and mobile app reinforced Adore Beauty as the destination for beauty discovery, whilst website personalisation transformed the customer experience,” said Peta Granger, a retail consultant and one of this year’s judges.
The full judging panel included:
- Heather McIlvaine, features & premium editor – retail, Inside Retail
- Paul Roper, chief commercial officer, CouriersPlease
- Shannon Ingrey, vice president and general manager, APAC, BigCommerce
- Meray Azar, digital retail specialist
- Sonya Pala, general manager, Australia, Faithfull the Brand
- Peta Granger, retail consultant
- Paul Waddy, owner, Paul Waddy Advisory
- Mal Chia, founder, Mal Chia & Associates
- Kingston Lee-Young, CEO, The Digital Mavens
If you’d like to find out who else made it into this year’s Top 50, check out the full list here.