The initial speakers for the leading event in retail, the Retail Leaders Forum 2017 have been revealed with a specific focus on innovation and leadership.
The forum, now in its sixth year, is set to be opened by Gordon Cairns, chairman of Woolworth Limited, amidst the largest corporate transformation in Australian retail history.
The event will feature inspiring international keynotes from the innovators behind Walmart e-commerce (USA), BMW Group (DE), Tesla (USA), Ikea (SWE), Shells Brand International (UK) and Blackcircles.com (UK) alongside the local retail masterminds responsible for the success of Coles, Louis Vuitton Australia, Harvey Norman, Caltex, Mirvac, Adore Beauty and more.
Giving the mastermind keynote will be Ron Johnson, a legend of retail who was the founding force behind the transformation of Apple’s retail stores and the former Chief Executive Officer of retail giant, JCPenney (USA).
Confirmed speakers for 2017 include:
- Gordon Cairns, Chairman, Woolworths Limited
- Kunal Banerjee, Director, Digital Store Operations, Walmart eCommerce (USA)
- Ron Johnson, Founder, Apple Store & Former Chief Executive Officer, JCPenney (USA)
- Antonia Jermendy, Head of Innovation & Test, Swarovski (CHE)
- Michele C. Fuhs, Department Manager & Head of Premium Retail Experience, BMW Group (DE)
- Samir Joshi, Global Retail Development, Experience & Execution, Tesla (USA)
- Yasushi Kusume, Innovation & Creative Manager, Ikea (SWE)
- David L. Bunch, Global Vice-President, Shell Brands International (UK)
- Michael Welch OBE, Investor & Founder, Blackcircles.com (UK)
- Joseph Feczko, Executive Vice-President, Chief Creative Officer, Macy’s Inc (USA)
- Nikki Lawson, Chief Marketing & Development Officer, Yum! Restaurants
- Philip Corne, Chief Executive Officer, Louis Vuitton Australia
- John Slack-Smith, Executive Director & Chief Operating Officer, Harvey Norman
- Michele Levine, Chief Executive Officer, Roy Morgan Research
- Kate Morris, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Adore Beauty
- Sam McDonagh, Country Manager, Australia & New Zealand, Airbnb
- Paul Kennedy, Chief Information Officer, Greencross
- Thorsten Wichtendahl, Chief Executive Officer, The Co-op
- Amanda Fleming, Director Human Resources, Coles
- Guy Brent, General Manager, BWS
- Elle Roseby, General Manager, Supré
- Lou Jardin, Managing Director, SPAR Australia
- Michael Gordon, Managing Director, Group Services, Steinhoff Asia Pacific
- Evan Hutton, Managing Director, Australia, Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- George Dymond, Marketing Director, Coles
- Helen Souness, Managing Director, Australia & Asia, Etsy
- Peter Crone, Chief Economist, Coles
- Pieter van der Merwe, Chief Information Security Officer, Woolworths
- Shaun Ruming, Chief Operating Officer, McDonald’s Australia
- Cory Hedin, Chief Retail Officer, Good Guys
- Susan MacDonald, Head of Retail, Mirvac
- Stephen, Younane, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, Retail Prodigy Group
- Has Fakira, Head of Digital, Caltex
- Melinda Conrad, Director, The Reject Shop & ASX and Former Director, David Jones
- Mark Coulter, Chief Executive Officer, Temple & Webster
- Michael Ford, Chief Executive Officer, The Good Guys
- Levi Aron, Country Manager – Australia, Deliveroo
- Dion Stojsavljevic, General Manager, Market Development & Innovation, TIC Group, solvup
- Willem Van Dijk, Managing Director, Australia, Stibo Systems
Further information, including online registration, is available at retailleaders.com.au or by contacting Connect Events on 02 8004 8590.