Oporto, Red Rooster sold

Quick Service Restaurants (QSR), owner of the Red Rooster, Oporto and Chicken Treat chains, has changed hands.

Previous owner, Quadrant Private Equity has sold QSR to fellow private equity house, Archer Capital for $450 million.

Archer is also the owner of the Rebel and Amart All Sports retail chains, as well as MYOB accounting software and iNova pharmaceuticals.

Quadrant paid $180 million for QSR for four years ago.

QSR encompasses 620 stores, with around 250 stores expected to be opened by its three banners in the next five years, including the doubling of Red Rooster stores in Victoria and NSW and the expansion of Western Australian established Chicken Treat on the eastern seaboard.

Archer has a 90 per cent stake in QSR, with the remaining 10 per cent owned by management.

Comments

Comment Manually

Twitter

Global fashion giants H&M, Uniqlo and Zara announced the closure of their Australian stores this week, joining the… https://t.co/nUDYH9gp4T

1 day ago

Harvey Norman moves to preserve cash, just two weeks after chairman Gerry Harvey said some product categories were… https://t.co/qTOtNYwFNF

2 days ago

February retail sales rose, according to ABS data, but experts say it doesn't account for the mass store closures,… https://t.co/HOuK5g3uxy

2 days ago