Free Subscription

  • Access 15 free news articles each month


Try one month for $5
  • Unlimited access to news,insights and opinions
  • Quarterly and weekly magazines
  • Independent research reports and forecasts
  • Quarterly webinars with industry experts
  • Q&A with retail leaders
  • Career advice
  • Exclusive Masterclass access. Part of Retail Week 2021

SecurePay offers 2 per cent card payment rate

SecurePay_banner-image-409x304Australian payments specialist SecurePay is offering merchants who sign up before 30 June 2016 a special rate for online card payments. Businesses will pay a flat 2 per cent per domestic credit or debit card transaction, and there are no additional transaction fees, monthly or annual fees.

Businesses that process the average online basket value of $42 per transaction will find that SecurePay’s 2 per cent rate saves them 19.5c per transaction, compared with a lot of competitors who charge 1.75 per cent + 30c to process online card payments.

SecurePay integrates with over 50 of the most popular e-commerce shopping carts and the service includes complimentary triple-layer fraud management.

Online opportunity

According to the March 2016 NAB Retail Sales Index, Australians spent around $19.3 billion online in the past year and online spending increased by 12.4 per cent.

However, online sales still make up only around 6 per cent of Australia’s total retail sales. In the UK, e-commerce accounts for over 14 per cent of total retail sales and, in China, e-commerce comprises close on 20 per cent already.

“Clearly, there’s loads of opportunity for local e-commerce growth,” says Nathan Brown, general manager, SecurePay. “Combined with a 2016–17 Federal Budget that’s very small business friendly, it’s a great time to start your own online business.”

Free e-commerce guide

To help people who would like to start an online business, SecurePay is also offering a free, 20-page e-book with tips on navigating the red tape, jargon and tech involved in starting an online store in Australia.

The guide explains:

* How to structure and register a business in Australia

* Hosting and domains

* Your e-commerce website options

* How to set up online payments, and more.

Entrepreneurs who download the ebook will automatically unlock SecurePay’s 2 per cent special offer for online credit/debit card payments.

Advance planning

New traders that have yet to go live with their e-commerce website can still lock in the 2 per cent rate, if they download the ebook and sign up with SecurePay before 30 June 2016.

“You only pay a transaction fee when SecurePay processes a card payment,” said Brown. “Entrepreneurs can sign up now, integrate SecurePay and be ready to accept online card payments from the first day of trading.”

About SecurePay

SecurePay is a business of Australia Post. Since 1999 they have helped over 80,000 Australian businesses process payments. In the last year, SecurePay has processed over 200 million transactions worth $40 billion, making it Australia’s leading payment gateway.

You have 7 free articles.